Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Windows 8, here we go !

Recently, Microsoft just released Windows 8, this is not a full version, yet it is not advisable to do a clean installation of Windows 8. you can install this either on a different partition or on a virtual environment software such as Virtual Box. The latest version for the Beta is Windows 8 Release Preview. before this, we had seen Windows 8 Consumer Preview, to be downloaded by consumers. Previously, Microsoft Windows 8 Developer Preview had been released earlier to the developers.

Now I am using it, but with dual boot system, still love my original Windows 7, don't believe me? Here take a look :D


Top left is the user control, see, my name is stated there. The colourful tiles are the applications shortcut that you can easily click whenever you want. But, bare in your mind, this is not the only thing that you will find in Win8. The desktop is still there, but with a little bit modification, no more Start button in the bottom left of the screen. Just role over the cursor and the start will appear.

Desktop

Top left of the screen is the part where we can change between the windows easily, refer Windows 8 Consumer Preview Official Demo . In the right side, is the new feature, (hidden) roll over your mouse to the right side to see it.

Windows Store with Metro UI :)

Not just Apple, BlackBerry and Android that have store, Windows also has their own store, enhanced with the Metro UI, the store looks just nice !


Just want to share the method I used to install Win8  : 

Step 1 : Download Windows 8 ISO file from Windows. 
Step 2 : I make partition in my hard disk using Windows Disk Management.
Step 3 : Create a bootable pendrive using WinUSBMaker . And burn the Win8 ISO file to my Pendrive. Refer Addictive Tips web for more info. 
Step 4 : Boot my Asus to BIOS mode and change my boot from SATA Harddisk to my Pendrive. 
Step 5 : Win8 installation should starts then :) 
Step 6 : Just follow the instruction and proceed to Win8 

The time I take is only 15 MINUTES to install Win8. It is worth to try ! 

For those wondering whether your computer is compatible to use Win8, this is the requirement to run :-
  • 1 GHz or faster 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
  • 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
  • 16 GB available hard disk space (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
  • DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
  • Taking advantage of touch input requires a screen that supports multi-touch

Where to check this? Right-click My Computer and click Properties.

See your computer specs here ! 

There are still a lot of features to be shared here. Why not, use some of your leisure time to google up new info about Win8. For nearly a week I'm using Win8, I am still satisfied and recommend you guys to try, good luck ! 

That's all, Thanks for reading :) 

p/s : Just leave some comments if you have something to ask !

2 comments: